GRP Blind Flanges
Blind Flanges by Resin Transfer Moulding offer an excellent competitive solution with very high and constant quality.
- The dimensions comply with the specified safety standards for each particular pressure class
- Diameters currently available from DN 25 mm through DN 2400 mm
- With pressure ratings up to 40 bars
- RTM Blind Flanges in vinylester resin Derakane 411 or equivalent and Blind Flanges in vinylester resin Derakane 470 - Epoxy on request
Please select your type of Blind Flange:
Composite (GRV and GRE) Blind Flanges
Glassfiber Reinforced Vinylester (GRV) and Glassfiber Reinforced Epoxy (GRE) Blind Flanges made by Resin Transfer Molding (RTM) are corrosion free, high performance products, suitable for both Thermoplastic and Thermoset pipe systems. The RTM manufacturing technology is an injection based, closed mold, manufacturing method, ensuring high fiber content and high performance laminates, having long, oriented fiber directions, capable to handle high mechanical loads.
Composite Blind Flanges by RTM are a very good and competitive alternative for Stainless Steel alloys (SS 304 / SS 316 / Duplex), are light weight compared to steel and easy to handle. Blind Flanges can be supplied with Thermoplastic inner liner like PE, PP, PA or PVC for specific chemical applications and/or to match with the material of the pipe system.
Specifications of RTM Blind Flanges:
- Resin : Bisphenol A based Vinylester or Epoxy
- Glass reinforcement : Multi axial U.D. E-glass
- Color : Black, Grey or Natural (braun/green)
- Maximum operational temp.: 80°C for GRV and 110 °C for GRE
- UV resistance : Only in Black or Grey color
- Max. Working Pressure in pipe system : as specified on product data sheet
- Max. Test Pressure in pipe system: as specified on product data sheet
The allowable operating temperature for GRV products can be increased to 110°C. if required (at cost).
All flanges available with drillings according to different Standards: EN 1092 / ANSI / AWWA / JIS / AS 4087