GRP Backing Rings for Thermoset (GRP) pipe systems
Glassfiber Reinforced Vinylester (GRV) Backing Rings made by Resin Transfer Molding (RTM) are corrosion free, high performance products, suitable for both Thermoplastic and Thermoset pipe systems. The RTM manufacturing technology is a closed mold manufacturing method, ensuring high fiber content and high performance laminates, capable to handle high mechanical loads.
Composite Backing Rings are a very good and competitive alternative for Stainless Steel alloys (SS 304 / SS 316 / Duplex), are light weight compared to steel and easy to handle. The Backing Rings are having specific inner diameter to meet the dimensions of PE, PP, PVC and GRP stub flanges of the pipe system.
Specifications of Composite Backing Rings:
- Resin : Bisphenol A based Vinylester Derakane 411 or equivalent
- Glass reinforcement : E-glass Multi Axial fabric, quantity and build up as per Rotec product design
- Core : Vinylester bonded silica particles, core dimensions as per Rotec product design
- Fiber content glass laminate : 60 % (+/- 3) by weight
- Color : Black, Grey or off-white
- Maximum operational temp.: 80°C.
- UV resistant
- Max. Working Pressure in pipe system : as specified on product drawing
- Max. Test Pressure in pipe system: as specified on product drawing
The allowable operating temperature can be increased to 110°C. if required (at cost).
The inside diameter of Backing Rings can be modified as per customers’ requirements.
All flanges available with drillings according to different Standards: EN 1092 / ASA / ANSI / JIS / AWWA / AS 4087